Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib
(05-25-2023, 09:24 AM)According_tome Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 09:10 AM)Snowy Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 08:59 AM)According_tome Wrote: This sort of "fix" would be final stepping stone of completely killing engineering I am strongly against it.

How so?

Well when you put effort into making stuff you want them to work. If they dont then why bother if it can be handled in medbay with bunch of burn meds. Immature death is part of the game. Most players find engine tedious and not satisfying they just pick the role of engineer to not to do engine or mechcomp mind you, just to do other stuff which is mostly the case nowadays. If players dont find stuff satisfying they just stop doing it. And this happens alot when we talk about engineering. Also kotol if players communicate well enough they dont require any sort of indicator

Is being able to power the station not enough of an incentive to bother with it? It sounds like you’re implying that hotwires are the only reason to touch the engine which I kinda doubt is your point.

Even then, hotwires are still powerful even without the gibbing. No amount of burn meds can stop half the station’s doors from being unusable without insuls. Plus, getting to medbay in the first place is still difficult when you are nearing crit and unable to open most of the station’s doors.

I do agree that cheap deaths are something that is going to happen, but do they need to be this automated? Most cheap deaths listed in this thread require you to be involved with your targets in some way while often being more limited in terms of potential deaths.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib - by Snowy :D - 05-25-2023, 09:46 AM