Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib
(05-24-2023, 12:51 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: No, i think its fine.

This needs a) a hotwire, b) a very good working engine and c) to actually shock doors that are directly connected by cables to the hotwire.

If someone makes that happen, they deserve to gib a few people. Sometimes you simply die very quickly and that's just part of the hillariousness of the story we all play on station. "Cheap deaths" are part of it.

I’ve heard that a hotwire isn’t too difficult to pull off, although due to my lack of experience making hotwires and the fact that they are a bit uncommon, I can’t say this for certain.

Regardless, hotwires can still do a lot outside of gibbing people. They can electrocute people for touching doors (alongside occasionally sending them flying and causing them to loose an arm), render said doors unusable without insuls, and shock anyone near an APC. I imagine hotwired engines are still worth the effort it takes to make one even without the gibbing. 

While on the topic of cheap deaths, what other kinds of cheap death are there? The only thing that I can think of would be microbomb implants, although those typically require the user to sacrifice themselves to work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib - by Snowy :D - 05-24-2023, 01:29 PM