Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Classic Antags should have a chance to appear on RP
(05-17-2023, 02:47 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: This has been discussed ad infinitum on the discord. it has been shot down ad infinitum + 1 times.

Admins need to keep the servers controlled, and spend their time *volunteering* to do so

Now, with classic antags:
- They are not built around proper RP escalation. They have loadouts with murder buttons, so will break these rules often in a single click (this undeniably happens a lot)
- They lack stealth, so they're immediately obviously 'valid'. yes experienced roleplayers can and will ignore them but it's incredibly meta and frustrating for some RPers, waiting for the wizard to find a single reason to 'escalate' to instant-murder mode. "oh your floors are dirty... this is an outrage!!! ARSE NATH"
- Some literally just end the round, why bother engaging in long-term RP when you know there's nukies about and the shift is a 50/50 to end in 10 minutes

EVERYONE who pushes these antags are like "oh I wont do that!!!!" but you know who will? people that aren't super familiar with the roleplay environment and roll antag. New players will get ahlelped all because they were given 180 rounds of 5.56 and decided they'd shoot 3 of them at the clown. Or perhaps they turned into a werewolf in a bad spot and needed the witnesses gone.

Getting told off by admins for using any of the toys given to you sucks. We don't want new players finally rolling antag and then getting told off for using the antag's abilities.

Then people think admins are an infallible wall that will fix and enforce all of this. They are not. They are volunteers, they are human, and they definitely have better things to do than glue themselves to the IRC/discord watching for the 20 daily cases of 'poor escalation' as Pubbie McRoleplay clicked their instant-death button they were given.

In a sense, it really boils down to an issue that's been discussed many times before. If so many roles are RP unfriendly, but RP continues to be a separate environment, then to me it seems sensible to consider making RP-friendly versions of these antagonists. It's been done before on the Changeling, and would work wonders on things like Wizards that simply get their kill spells removed or nerfed.

I don't disagree with the overall assessment, some simply do not fit RP, but it's likewise not like we're unable to make them fit. I've addressed it before, and I believe the actual issue is the dev team's stance of code segregation and unwillingness to have too many RP-only variants.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Classic Antags should have a chance to appear on RP - by Glamurio - 05-22-2023, 12:57 AM