Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow Traitors to Choose the Poison Bottle They Get (& Maybe Nerf Them to Compensate)
(05-17-2023, 12:13 PM)Snowy Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 11:21 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: to be honest, poison bottles only purpose is having a shortcut for deadly poisons. If you got time and go for a gimmick (and thus need a very special poison), you can easily enough aquire it by doing the recipe.

So, gunning for a very certain poison is not really their purpose. They give you a bottle full of poison poison you know ~7u will kill/take out a person and give it out fast. That's perfect for a reload with a syringe gun or if you want to poison random people in the bar. In my opinion increasing their cost and make you able to pick the poison you want would kinda make them less usefull in general.

crafting a specific poison on your own isn’t always easy. A large portion of poison bottles can’t be obtained though any other means and many of the ones that can require a secret recipe, which isn’t something that anyone can easily know or look up.

90% of the poisons you can roll are unobtainable via crafting(for a good reason), are secret chems outright,  and/or need to be sourced via artifacts or poison bottles. 
i would HATE to see curare and Royal Introbeetril be more common place poisons on the station.
I only use them to do two specific things, pen someone with one, or poison the cloner.
they're for people who if they get lucky can make people die very fast, deleting sections of the crew all by a simple pen, scalpel, or by just adding it to anything.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow Traitors to Choose the Poison Bottle They Get (& Maybe Nerf Them to Compensate) - by Grutradle - 05-17-2023, 02:32 PM