Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
[CLOSED PR] Broken Bones, Casts, Splints, and Crutches
(04-16-2023, 02:05 PM)Kotlol Wrote: In my opinion lasting effects aren't bad, but if there is a faster way... players will take it.
If anything... breaking bones will just make antags focus on that.. as it disables someone from the fight and cloning won't unless they mass murder.

Well, the first can be taken on by nerfing cloning further. The same problem exists for organ damage amyway, so it isn't sonething new.

And antags breaking bones instead of killing is something that should be encouraged. Killing takes someone out if the game, breaking their bones does not.

That's why the katana is such an awesone weapon. Just go in, cut off the persons arms and gloat and let them go/gloat about theur puny defeat.

(04-16-2023, 02:05 PM)Kotlol Wrote: I can see this HEAVILY backfire for Nukies where their bones will break will be a huge handicap thenĀ "Random staffy number 21"
So not only will security and random staffies pounce nukies to break bones so they can't use their stuff or move around safely...
The nukies are now in a BIGGER disadvantage then before.
Unless you make em immune to bone breaking....

That was why i was talking about damage types. Bones suffer damage after a damage treshhold. That means all melee weaponry the crew does have access to (safe for piwered power hammers and high quality spears) should not damage bones at all because if nukies high armor. So the only things that could deal bone damage to nukies are explosives and sec lethals. In contrast, the nukies weaponry would probably dish out tons if it.

Of course, thus depends very well on the numbers how yhey will be done.

(04-16-2023, 02:05 PM)Kotlol Wrote: ESPECIALLY if cyborg limbs and skeletons rolling in calcium are gonna be counter plays.

That is not really different than organs right now and i don't think this is a problem. Preparation should be rewarded. And if powergamers want to waste 5-10 additional minutes getting their limbs replaced, i couldn't care less.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Broken Bones, Casts, Splints, and Crutches - by Lord_earthfire - 04-17-2023, 01:25 AM