Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brainstorming a Conspirator Rework?
I personally... don't agree that conspirator are overshadowed by salvager.

Salvager got the problem of a set gameplay loop. They need to salvage and need to board the station and will be seen woth a sliver of distrust. Their communication is downright lackluster in comparison to conspirator.

And that is problematic with salvagers. In my salvager rounds people rarely coordinate. And it's especially problematic that you are visible. Once a salavager is caught, the headset will inevitably fall into securities hands. That is not true with conspirators.

What i found is people struggle with freedom of choice as antags. And conspirator does give that.

This is why I don't agree at all that conspirators suck. I don't even thing that their gameplay mechanics does need to change at all. Their strenght comes from having key positions, like command staff, and being mostly invisible.

It's just a very niche antagonist that require communication and coordination to fluorish. That's not everyones taste and that is fine.

The only thing i am not happy with conspirators are the objectives. They... simply suck. And there comes to problem with players and freedom again. People want to stick to them.

My best experiences with conspirator rounds were enabled by being a conspirator and NOT following the objectives. My most boring rounds were conspirator rounds where people tried to do objectives they simply were not experienced/prepared enough to do and devolved into apathy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brainstorming a Conspirator Rework? - by Lord_earthfire - 04-06-2023, 01:45 PM