Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock all Tree mutations behind infusions
(03-25-2023, 08:49 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: this post complaints a bout a bunch of things in a lot of places but i think i've sussed the problem. there's no fancy behaviour specifically affecting trees, it's just tree mutations are quite plentiful so they stack the HYPnewmutationcheck proc (which is called when a plant would normally be able to mutate)

tbh i think HYPnewmutationcheck is the issue. should probably be the same % for all plants to mutate, like 5%, whereby it then rolls from all available mutations (with weighting based on how common the new strain should be)

Makes sense as to why I see trees mutating so often, then. Doing that would probably fix trees mutating excessively, and probably make infusions the go-to method for getting a specific kind of mutant tree - since, with 4 possible mutation choices, getting a mutation via brute-force replanting shenanigans or unstable mutagen would be an exercise in frustration. In light of that, a specific infusion for sassafras trees would be ideal, though it doesn't have to be Cola if people don't think that's a good choice of reagent.

(I will continue to harp on Dogwood trees, though. No offense to the creator, but they are quite irritating to have around.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lock all Tree mutations behind infusions - by RelentlessGarbage - 03-26-2023, 04:31 AM