Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make the morgue and Chaplain more useful by changing the bio matter reclaimer.
(03-22-2023, 08:25 AM)Skye14 Wrote: I'm not a coder so I'm not sure if it's possible, but if it is then it would be better to make it so that only organs that specifically came from players could be used for the biomatter reclaimer so that monkey harvesting wouldn't be possible. I'm pretty sure organs already have the players name on them if you take them out of someone, so I don't think its impossible to do. I don't think this would be a big medbay nerf either, it would just mean that corpses would have to actually be processed before they could be used to reclaim bio matter, and as long as you have the bio matter you need then cloning would be mostly unaffected. Maybe give a slight increase to the amount of bio matter available at round start to compensate.

I'll be honest and say this:
"NO HECKING FUCKING WAY!"

This is a HARD NERF for cloning. A TOO HARD NERF.

While your intention is to make the morgue more active.
What this tells us is: "Get rid of the bodies if you are an antagonist and it basicly wil perma kill anyone"

Do you know why early round clone scanning occurs or why security has DNA Disks? So they can be revived in case their bodies CANNOT be retrieved.
Your suggestion basicly would only allow 1-2 clones to come out of the cloner and then... "BIO MATTER NEEDED"
Or if the cloner gets stolen/blown up and replaced... "I need someone to give me their organs."

Sure this would indirectly give robotcists more work to do to replace organs with cyborg ones and botany to grow synth organs for replacements.
But it just means we go from "Practicing surgery on monkeys/dead people will give a BONUS to cloning" to...
"If we wanna keep cloning, we need to preform surgery every time."
And that pretty much makes the game way less fun as playing a doctor.

I'll say this... I prefer the idea of "Putting organs in" or "Doing something with dead people organs gives a bonus to cloning" then "Reclaimer rejects anything monkey or non harvested player organs."

As for @Silent Majority's suggestion. I don't mind this at all as it's just another fun step to make cloning more fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make the morgue and Chaplain more useful by changing the bio matter reclaimer. - by Kotlol - 03-22-2023, 08:48 AM