Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Traits to get you into medbay more.
Like many debates on the forums... one most well known is Medbay not getting enough patients or RP. People just walk in get healed or heal themselves then run out..
Doctors barely keep a patient for a minute before they fly out.
No scenerios like Scrubs or ER or Grey's Anatomy...
Heck we don't even have X-ray machines!

And people keep suggesting ways to "nerf" medbay to get interaction going and more doctoring to happen. (Example: the recent cloner nerf's)
...And to me... that just makes people turn away from medbay and doctoring.
You don't keep nerfing doctoring to get people to do more doctoring, it only makes it more confusing and make people less willing to pick up the job.

And we cannot force people into medbay with events or other things as it will just disrupt them too heavily... Forcing players to go to medbay only puts stress on doctors and most players sit in medbay and wait to be treated... and just like in real life.. not much happens till you get treated.

So with the premise of this post set. I recommend we do something else completely.
More traits that can put you into medbay... as these are VOLUNTAIRY (unless it's a cloner mishap)

We currently have things like Allergies that increases doctoring, but these are traits you can put on your charater by choice.
So why not add more?
I already made a small list of ideas:

- Immune comprimised (You get easily sick and things like the common cold will do damage to you and can kill you.)
- Hypercondria (Not sure how to do this one in a fun way)
- Xeno-touched (You just had to touch that unknown alien huh? Welp, enjoy whatever happen to your body! (random damage/organ damage over time) )
- Organ Donor (You are known as an organ donor, doctors love you, you get a lil extra cash, but when needed, doctors will take your organs for their patents)
- Puritan + or Cybernetic incompatiable (Cybernetics just don't work for you, if organs fail, you need donor organs or donor limbs (Or synethic organs/limbs)
- True Slob (You are already of poor hygiene, but when you start being smelly, you somehow start developing all kinds of diseases. (Diseases only effect this player)
- Viral Breeding Ground (You don't know why... but sometimes you just get sick despite everything.)

And that's my idea to increase doctoring.
Just introduce traits that people can select for their charaters (or added to being cloned too much) and people will be more willing to go to medbay.

Discuss away, rename things, change things. I don't mind. I just think traits are a better idea then nerfing doctoring.

Messages In This Thread
Traits to get you into medbay more. - by Kotlol - 03-20-2023, 04:44 AM
RE: Traits to get you into medbay more. - by Cal - 03-20-2023, 04:51 AM