Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"The Stun META discussion Thread"
(02-15-2023, 10:03 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'll say the kind of combat that I find enjoyable is the kind where there's a lot of turnaround and improvisation. A fist fight in the bar where people are grabbing plates, jumping off chairs, and tossing each other into vending machines is more compelling to me because it involves more thought and interaction with the environment.

Stuns will end a fight very quickly, and that's needed because antag tools will also end a fight very quickly.

I don't have any solution for this because things like guns and c-sabers should feel scary and balancing between these things are delicate, but my ideal would be something that draws people closer into being put back into that place where they end up having to have those kind of fist fights again.

Exactly. Improv fighting is fun and why we get "rage cage" rounds.

And yea.. removing stun (aka non lethal) or changing it.. will shift to lethal..

One of the things an antag can do to counteract stuns is "wear shades" against flashes.. then EMP grenade sec so they cannot stun at all.. but at that point.. Security is 100% shut down except for the detective with their stun rounds/lethal rounds.
And considering the det has no baton.. and no longer can flash the antag when they go down from a stun round... and has trouble loading a round of stun rounds into a guy who's on the ground.. you can defintally guess it will become a gunfight.

But as you point out. Things like c-sabers and most guns by traitors/nukies can end fights within a shot.
2 hits from a c-saber and you go down. 1 more hit and you are most likely DEAD without question.
Even the silenced pistol needs to only unload 1 round into a target to put em into critical.

But I don't think we should "balance" anything yet till we know the exact numbers how to make lethals less lethal and stun less stun.

Messages In This Thread
"The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-14-2023, 01:02 PM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-15-2023, 05:09 AM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-15-2023, 10:30 AM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-16-2023, 03:25 AM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Mouse - 02-21-2023, 10:06 AM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-22-2023, 06:22 AM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-22-2023, 07:21 AM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-22-2023, 10:34 AM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-22-2023, 11:10 AM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-22-2023, 01:07 PM
RE: "The Stun META discussion Thread" - by Kotlol - 02-24-2023, 04:49 AM