Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give Blooming Synthorgans Perks that scale with Potency
(02-12-2023, 08:59 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I don't think synthorgans need a special variant woth sprcial effects. I would say add special effects on the baseline synthorgans.
I'd agree that adding more clutter by making "special"/"non-special" synthorgans is generally unnecessary. The only reason why I have done it here is for balance with Kudzupeople, as they all spawn with synthorgans by default and I don't want to have to balance synthorgans' abilities around that fact. And since sprites exist for blooming/non-blooming organs as is, having two variants wouldn't necessarily require additional spritework.

(02-12-2023, 08:59 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Thing is we had the suggestion for effects for synthorgans on multiple occassions and most people agree they need some. The problem is simply someone has to code it and slog through organ code.
Haha, good point. I've never touched SS13's code, and the work required with giving each organ special effects would be mammoth. This post is extremely aspirational in that sense - just so that we as a community can discuss some things we might eventually want to add.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give Blooming Synthorgans Perks that scale with Potency - by RelentlessGarbage - 02-13-2023, 04:15 AM