Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps
(02-03-2023, 01:16 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: I would love to see a team-based antag in rp rotation that, well, Isn't Conspirator, but I think trying to draft nukies for that role is a poor fit. the whole design ethos of nukies fly in the face of the more longform, less chaotic rounds that the rp server seems to be built for

I feel like you're onto something here. Conspirator vibes areĀ more "Shadow Government wannabees" than "Group of mustache-twirlling nere-do-wells out to reap chaos" that previous examples of great moments touch on. A middle ground between the two, still involving infiltration of the station and having above-average armaments but not devolving the round into a meatgrinder.

I myself have taken to playing RP for more casual games of ss13, though I'm not opposed to nukies as a whole as a very rare event. Random events like white holes, stationwide radiation, and spacial distortions that spawn enemies all add a bit of panic to the game that various departments can interact with without demanding the focus of all departments. Nuke-ops should be on that kind of level, dangerous and to be handled but not so dangerous that everyone must drop all they have in order to handle the situation. Your chef doesn't have to drop their pizza-cake just so they can chase the traitor, why should they for all other antags?

I do agree though, there should be more options for types of antags. The worst roundsĀ are low-pop games where you just want to leave because NOTHING interesting is happening for an hour, and I'd bet those kinda rounds would love nukies to actually add some spice or just end their life.

Messages In This Thread
An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps - by Wrench-1 - 02-03-2023, 07:11 AM
RE: An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps - by Dhaidburt - 02-03-2023, 05:07 PM