Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps
(02-03-2023, 11:43 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: goddamn guys, there are so many words here. condense all this down if you really want people engaged

Nukeops is triggered manually, which sets a couple precedents:
- Every nukie knows there's admin oversight, and that they'll be watched
- It's a unique gimmick that is quite rare
- Admins keep you guessing what the point of the nukeops folk is

Due to the fact there's admins about, nukies have a lot of leeway to open discussion with them and negotiate a more fun entry plan. regular players will also understand it's a rare event, and act accordingly

The moment this enters standard RP rotation:
- There is no admin to nukie communication, leaving nukies stranded with a set of RP-inappropriate gear and an rp-inappropriate win condition
- Nukies have less guidance and are mostly unattended with big firearms (this is bad on RP)
- Players who want to RP an extended round will be disappointed (but without a special admin gimmick to make it worth it)
- People will generally assume nukies are always hostile as admins can't subvert expectations or undo damages

Whitelisting an antag is also not fun, there aren't a huge number of people who are whitelisted for anything, even mentor.
Way I see it, it'll become "the round where the whitelist nerds get to ruin 20 minutes of your roleplay by stomping on you with machineguns"

NukeOps being triggered manually is a nice middle-ground but it comes with a major issue. That being it mostly happens at peak hours, which for me is always at way past midnight and I'm either asleep, or too tired to play. I don't really fancy staying up that late for the chance of getting a NukeOps round, selfish as that might sound. 

Tweaking the win condition is always a possibility. Having it so the round doesn't end upon victory or defeat, but instead carries on so folks can RP through the aftermath. I've also seen conversion about NukeOps, but without the Nuke. Allow for longer planning phases but, on the other hand I can see that just turning into a group of heavily armed Goons rampaging the station with no goal.

Messages In This Thread
An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps - by Wrench-1 - 02-03-2023, 07:11 AM
RE: An Open Discussion About RP NukeOps - by Wrench-1 - 02-03-2023, 12:10 PM