Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.17 Average
Remove/nerf/change menders + hypospray suggestion
(02-03-2023, 03:43 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: all doctors did before pharmacy was ask chemists to make chems they need to do their jobs, get ignored, then break/sneak in to do it themselves. the key thing is to -encourage- interaction, not force it. as of late it seems goon is finally shifting towards this idea.

doctors still regularly ask chemistry for things, but at least now they dont need to rely on chemists having the patience to make more basic meds every 5 minutes

The QM also exists, and they provide a means for bulk-orders of basic medications as an alternative to Chemistry. Botany is also a thing, but even as someone who loves botany, I will admit that it's mostly people growing rainbow weed and getting horribly stoned. Still, it wouldn't hurt to try and get them to do something useful every once in a while, as they can single-handedly supply Medbay with drugs if their mind is set on it. (Having thousands of units of Synthflesh, Charcoal, Omnizine, and similar are not unheard of in botany, and that's with it only being a single person's pet project.) 

It's also not clear to me how large the supplies of basic medications are in Medbay, since I don't play as a doctor, but if Medbay is running out of them so quickly, then perhaps we should consider giving them more so that there's more of a buffer in times of demand before having to make more at a chem dispenser. My take is that forcing doctors to be chemists because nobody else is helping should be reserved for when the station is blown to smithereens and everyone needs to fend for themselves, not because it's the natural order of things on Goon1.

Back to the talk on menders; while I don't think they need to be nerfed, a buff to Hyposprays (with the understanding that such a buff will also help antags, due to the capabilities of emagged hyposprays), such as doubling their capacity from 30u to 60u, could at least diversify the number of tools that medical doctors have and use by making them more practical for field use. While they could never replace automenders, they could at least act as a better compliment to them by containing more restricted or niche-use drugs that need lower doses, without requiring that the doctors carry around another container to refill the hypospray out of necessity. Having more career medics pitch in on this topic would also be good, as they can speak with more authority on the topic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove/nerf/change menders + hypospray suggestion - by RelentlessGarbage - 02-03-2023, 05:29 AM