Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A "Cluwne" Discussion.
I think having anything Cluwne-related - even if you aren't actually fully a Cluwne - is like having blood in the water (particularly the shoes and mask, because of how distinctive they are); people will seek you out and beat the shit out of you if given the slightest provocation. I'd say that the mask is the most important part, but my personal judgement is that you'd need to be wearing all parts of the costume to be kill on sight with no questions asked, at least if I find you huddled somewhere in Maintenance lamenting your existence.

However, if someone with any amount of Cluwne gear is being annoying, people will be far more likely to try to kill them. Normally, this is where I'd say "and that's a bad thing," but honestly, in the context of Goon, I'm kinda fine with it. If you channel the spirit of the Cluwne, even if you aren't fully a cluwne, then you're at least liable to being beaten up. If you're mostly a normal crewmember with one or two pieces of cursed clothing, are serving your station as expected, and aren't involuntarily honking and suffering immense brain damage, then people shouldn't be beating you up. Unfortunately, aside from some general guidelines, this is a bit of a grey area where individual discretion has to be applied (and Ahelp has to be invoked, occasionally).

Keep in mind that killing Cluwnes is a goon tradition. There are ways of saving them, but it's considered perfectly acceptable to cave their head in based on the server's culture. That is an arbitrary thing - why not prioritize saving Cluwnes instead of killing them? Because it's tradition, and people love having excuses to beat people up in this game. So wearing anything Cluwne related is tantamount to putting a "kick me" sign on your back, even if people technically shouldn't be beating you up. (Note that this judgement is coming from someone that plays Classic exclusively - I'm sure RP is a different beast.)

Personal Opinion Tl;dr : All of the clothes = you will be killed, and that's fine. Some of the clothes = you are putting yourself at risk of being killed or injured, and that's a trade-off you have to consider. Voluntarily donning Cluwne clothes is a risk.

Messages In This Thread
A "Cluwne" Discussion. - by Kotlol - 01-21-2023, 07:59 AM
RE: A "Cluwne" Discussion. - by Kotlol - 01-21-2023, 10:28 AM
RE: A "Cluwne" Discussion. - by RelentlessGarbage - 01-21-2023, 12:12 PM
RE: A "Cluwne" Discussion. - by Silent Majority - 01-21-2023, 12:12 PM
RE: A "Cluwne" Discussion. - by Lord_earthfire - 01-22-2023, 12:01 AM
RE: A "Cluwne" Discussion. - by Kotlol - 01-22-2023, 05:15 AM