Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synthbrain ideas
Given that you can use synthflesh, blood, and strange reagent to create "LIFE" as is, I think adding an "active" synthbrain might allow for the resulting critter or creature to be player-controlled by offering a dead/ghost player an option to control whatever creature is being made. Seems like a natural place to implement the feature. Besides, even though it's tricky, Botanists can make LIFE reactions mostly with things they can grow or acquire in-house (Lifeweed extract + mutagenic plant formula + garlic extract = strange reagent, you can scoop up the blood from the person that gibbed themselves with a chainsaw on accident, synthflesh is self-explanatory). Player controlled aggressive critters might lead to all manner of wacky hi-jinks.

As for the third feature, I'd be down for something like that. You'd have to make sure the resulting "super synthbrain" doesn't have Kuru in it, else you'd die a swift prion-y death, but since botany has means of producing Mannitol and Synaptizine, I think it'd be easy enough to manage the brain damage. Rolling the Plant Analyzer and Reagent Scanner into a power up is pretty neat, even if you can only use it on plants.

Not so sure about the skull one, though. Perhaps skulls are a resource best left to be renewable only through genetics and cloning.

(Also, I'd like to say that synthbrain is actually really helpful for cooking? Antags giving people kuru aside, brain bread and brain bread hotdogs are actually pretty strong in terms of buffs - try making some with synthbrain, you won't regret it.)

Messages In This Thread
Synthbrain ideas - by Dhaidburt - 01-19-2023, 08:20 PM
RE: Synthbrain ideas - by Frolicsome Flufficorn - 01-19-2023, 11:40 PM
RE: Synthbrain ideas - by Kotlol - 01-20-2023, 03:50 AM
RE: Synthbrain ideas - by RelentlessGarbage - 01-20-2023, 05:16 AM
RE: Synthbrain ideas - by Cal - 01-20-2023, 05:42 AM
RE: Synthbrain ideas - by Lord_earthfire - 01-20-2023, 07:37 AM