Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Addition of s example to the slur/hatespeech rule.
Perhaps indicating a primary region where language is interpreted would help in this? In my own dialect of English (irish) there are a number of terms that have completely different meanings in North America, some of which are quite negative. There are also slurs in this dialect that have no meaning in North American dialects of English. I just assume that the primary framing of language on the server is North America as that is both the most predominant English speaking language centre and the primary dialect that most second language learners learn these days as well, consequently I avoid taking most of my own dialects terms for this reason due to risk of misinterpretation or having a different meaning that I am ignorant of. It would also give some context for admin rulings on this subject to (because the L word having such extremely nasty connotations is primarily in North America, where in contrast its quite literally a common enough surname in ireland).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addition of s example to the slur/hatespeech rule. - by arcticmog - 11-28-2022, 02:46 AM