Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[PR] Removes owner names from organs/limbs
(10-28-2022, 02:13 AM)pali6 Wrote: Last time this was tried it got reverted. Might be worth it to look into discussions that happened back then. (I believe there were issues with spy thief limb stealing and with limb replacements causing negative effects. But even discounting that there were various thoughts about this idea in principle.)

I personally don't think removing the names from the limbs / organs adds much to the game. Sure knowing whose limb / organ it was doesn't make much sense but realism has never been (and should never be) the driving force behind this game. Though the forensics angle is interesting and makes me like this a little more than I would like it otherwise. I'm still midlly against this PR but I don't feel particularly strongly about this.

being able to identify limbs on the spot could be rolled into medical training (like how roboticists can identify if a brain is 'cold' or not)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes owner names from organs/limbs - by babayetu83 - 10-28-2022, 12:43 PM