Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HoP Rework Discussion
(10-19-2022, 03:44 PM)MetricDuck Wrote: I think you’ve done yourself a disservice here by branding this “rework” instead of just “added content / qol”….

1] Adding a selection of premade forms the HoP can photocopy to the ie filling cabinet would be pretty neat. Paperwork bounties as incentives (thinking Papers Please) could be amusing but the implementation would need to be careful not to stifle creativity.

2] Banking could use more content. The HoP has the tools to assess and assign performance bonuses already, but I guess some supporting tools wouldn’t be too bad. Don’t like cutting power / interfering with the basic ability to do a job. Shaming/honouring departments somehow could be funny

3] Eh I’m not sure there’s enough content, and if the HoP has a gimmick in mind they can always promote randomers help out.

Pretty much says it best.

I think premade folders of templates is nice to have. I like RPing "Paper work Captain/HoP" but I don't like writing templates.
So having those + possible paperwork bounties is nice. (Let alone bounties are optional)

With banking I think it's obivious what needs to be done... wich ties into paperwork.
If a department does good, the HoP can request more pay to Cent.Com. 
The HoP should be able to send a "request for more funding" through out the shift (3 times) and distrubite them (or take them)
Now you can have people sucking up to the Hop for more money.
But the HoP can also request less funding from Cent Comm always...
Though alerts do go out for raises and wage downgrades...

Finally I think the HoP needs one more thing to be more obivious. "The judge"
Normally the law is upheld by either the HoP or Captain.
But in my book.. it should be the HoP since on most maps their station is closest to the court room and have access to the judge equipment only in some maps.
So how do we improve judging?
TIE IT TO PAPERWORK!

Now paperwork can "ask for raises or wage downgrades" "Put something on someone's record / setencing" And most importantly "Free up job listings"
I once griped at this that if you join at the start of a shift and you roll Scientist but then want to play engineer all shift, changing it.. that science slot is basicly gone for late joiners. Sure the HoP can fix that too... but the HoP can also "vanish" and now we got disgruntled players.
In that sense.. the moment the HoP submits the "job change form" and has the player sign it... the system will recongise Player A scientist is now Player A Engineer.
Now engineering loses a slot (or if it was full nothing happens) but science becomes free for later joiners.

Messages In This Thread
HoP Rework Discussion - by Glamurio - 10-19-2022, 10:27 AM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by George_Manning - 10-19-2022, 11:06 AM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by Sacchi - 10-19-2022, 11:08 AM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by George_Manning - 10-19-2022, 11:20 AM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by UrsulaMejor - 10-19-2022, 11:22 AM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by Silent Majority - 10-19-2022, 01:48 PM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by Kotlol - 10-19-2022, 01:59 PM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by Glamurio - 10-19-2022, 02:35 PM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by Waffleloffle - 10-19-2022, 03:20 PM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by MetricDuck - 10-19-2022, 03:44 PM
RE: HoP Rework Discussion - by Kotlol - 10-20-2022, 06:09 AM