Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Botany: glowing slurry infusion
From my experience with mutagen splicing, i cannot really agree with a removing of seed spam in general. We know how shitty radweed mutation is and we got many plants that have similar mutation chances. Just raising the chances would make tray usage a nightmare. So you would to use two different multiplier for this.

Stat based mutation almost require to mutate on planting, since mutagen scrambles stats and can kick the plant out of the range (especially lifeweed with the 30-50 endurance requirement). Your suggested stable mutagen change would be required here.

My main concern comes for the rancher. The rancher requires some specific mutated plants to get started. Without a rebalance, you would simply delay the rancher by 5+ minutes. And if any job doesn't need a further delays, then it is the rancher.

Last but not least, many gimmicks of botany require multiple mutations, since many base chems are locked behind them. So without a rebalance of the mutation chances, you would simply just make 4 mutation splices move from.the 20 to the 40 minute mark. And botany is already a very secluded department already.

This is why i suggested gating certain "dead end" plants, like rainbow weed, tree mutations and rainbow melons, behind mutagen. It was meant as a simple to add buff to make botany more controllable. Adding this as a blanket would simply delay botany and rancher in general. And even my suggestion would spark a controversial discussion.

This sounds like a really big rebalance of botany that wpuld require many changes. I would suggest making a design doc to figure out what should be the scope of it and how the numbers should look.

But, if you micronize the changes it would work better. Ike firstly, add the omega slurry mutation improval. Then, instead of removing seed spam, add the possibility for plant mutation to be mutagen-only. This way, if players add new plant mutations into botany, they could decide to lock it behind mutagen/omega slurry. This wouldn't affect botaniy's current balance and would open up more variety for newly added plants.

Messages In This Thread
Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by Scaltra - 09-11-2022, 11:39 PM
RE: Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by BadShot - 09-14-2022, 05:23 PM
RE: Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by Scaltra - 09-25-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by Lord_earthfire - 09-25-2022, 08:26 PM
RE: Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by Scaltra - 09-25-2022, 11:14 PM