Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
nerf accents
so for a while i never thought much of the accent traits until i played on rp. so i thought maybe they might be more fun to use. i cycled through them all and i made the following observations:

1) people really struggled to communicate with me! i'd talk to people and they'd take a little longer to reply as i imagine they needed to take the extra time to parse what i was saying.

2) upon going to medical and opening my mouth the very first thing doctors would do/say is offer me a mutadone pill. this tells me that accents by and large are viewed as something debilitating and not worth dealing with so have a mutadone!

3) very very very few people use accents. i could probably count on one hand the amount of other people i saw using accents. 

now as the title says, i think it might be good if accents were nerfed. my issues with each accent is as following:

elvis - it makes you talk like your tongue was cut out of your mouth. not very elvis-like at all.

scottish - probably the least worst one but the way it replaces words tends to confuse people. maybe make it a 50/50 to replace a word?

swedish - largely unintelligible. i know it was originally a joke based on the swedish chef character from the muppets 

french - not as bad as the others but sometimes it really mangles consonants and vowels

tyke - unintelligble most of the time since most consonants/vowels are replaced with e's 

chav - less intrusive than tyke

anyway i suggest they be nerfed at least on rp. they have the potential to add flavor for rp but in practice they add a layer of annoyance in communicating with other people and are viewed as such since most people will offer you a mutadone.

Messages In This Thread
nerf accents - by babayetu83 - 09-17-2022, 11:46 AM
RE: nerf accents - by Retrino - 09-17-2022, 11:56 AM
RE: nerf accents - by babayetu83 - 09-17-2022, 01:37 PM
RE: nerf accents - by Kotlol - 09-17-2022, 04:46 PM
RE: nerf accents - by DioChasek - 09-17-2022, 07:06 PM
RE: nerf accents - by Lord_earthfire - 09-18-2022, 01:15 AM
RE: nerf accents - by Kotlol - 09-18-2022, 02:27 AM
RE: nerf accents - by DioChasek - 09-18-2022, 10:18 AM