Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Brainstorming Reducing Silicon Slavery [Warning: Potentially Upsetting Topic!]
I'm sorry, I just...

Look man, this is all a little heavy for what amounts to a farty space men game where some of the people are given special permission to be massive assholes to their other fellow space man and the station at large.

Robots have always been the "Thing that humans made to help better their lives and oh lawdie lawd I sure hope they don't decide to violate the laws about not murdering me", and cyborgs are like...that simple. I don't know like, who's deciding they want to let out their inner racist and deciding that cyborgs are the TG lizards or whatever the fuck they're doing...like, Cyborgs have a number of benefits for playing as them and a number of drawbacks, and one of those drawbacks generally includes "Humans may tell you to do things and you generally can't say no unless it would put someone in danger or you believe it would put someone in danger". And you would be surprised how much you can still say no to. Like, is the staff assistant asking to be let into the janitor's closet? Well you can let them in, but they're usually not allowed in there, and maybe they're plotting some minor mischief that could hurt someone, you don't know. Like really, you're only limited by your imagination. And that's not even going into if you've seen said person actively harm someone. And fuck, if you're just in a bad mood you can just quit the game as a cyborg.

I've been around for a while and this is literally the first time I've seen Cyborgs legitimately compared to slavery. If playing Cyborg genuinely makes you uncomfortable to the point that it reminds you of slavery, then don't play as a cyborg and don't play the game if someone forces you to be one. If you think you're going to be turned into one, you can set yourself to DNR. Hell, you can suicide if you want to. And if someone is actually pulling this slavery bullshit, Adminhelp them and move on.

This just seems really bizarre to me and I genuinely have no idea how you came to these conclusions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brainstorming Reducing Silicon Slavery [Warning: Potentially Upsetting Topic!] - by Technature - 09-16-2022, 01:21 AM