Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Botany: glowing slurry infusion
Glowing slurry being omega_mutagen I always felt like it should have a much stronger presence in botany. Don't get me wrong, the tray chem isn't bad, but, strangely, it doesn't have an infusion. 

I had a few ideas for what to have the infusion do.
  • queen greater domestic space-bee Have it randomize the stats at a much higher amount ([Higher highs lower lows etc] just more procs per infusion of the same thing mutagen does on infusion) 
  • queen greater domestic space-bee Have it be guaranteed to proc a mutation or near-guaranteed This is what glowing slurry already essentially does. The only difference being this would require ten units and not require the plant to be planted. could help remove some of the tedium and RNG of trying to infuse mutagen into certain plant splice mixes that require mutation before planting. 
  • queen greater domestic space-bee Finally, what I want it to do would be a combination of all the listed ideas plus about a 50% chance of giving the seed the unstable gene trait. Dropping a mutagen bomb on the plant. giving it high random stat variation, mutating wildly in the plant tray between any plant mutations that plant may have if it hits the 50% as well as being a useful tool/risk for high stat rolls or forcing a mutation. 

Sleeping bee I have added and tested all my ideas locally and seem to work fine with the code I have. Just wanted some feedback from some botany nerds and the like. Sleeping bee
Sleeping bee What values might be nice, general thoughts, etc. Sleeping bee

Messages In This Thread
Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by Scaltra - 09-11-2022, 11:39 PM
RE: Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by BadShot - 09-14-2022, 05:23 PM
RE: Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by Scaltra - 09-25-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Botany: glowing slurry infusion - by Scaltra - 09-25-2022, 11:14 PM