Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Observers and Inventory viewing
Nah, there's no rule preventing using ghost information on RP.

The only rule that seems applicable is part of rule 3:
Conversely, acting on any information obtained using solely in-game mechanics (yes, deadchat counts) is explicitly NOT metagaming with very few exceptions

It might be seen as tacky, on RP. People will probably ignore your BS knowledge. But it isn't against the rules as written.

Some might say the RP rule 5 applies:
Do not use out of game information in game. Only use in-game information; the things your character can perceive or could know. While we have no hard rule on what a character can and cannot know, be reasonable about your character’s knowledge and capabilities. Do not call out antagonists based on information that is only obvious as a player. For example, the drowsiness effects on your screen are not a good in-character basis to call out a changeling. The debris and adventure zones are for enhancing roleplay. Rushing through them for the sake of items alone is prohibited. It is reasonable for the crew to assume people with syndicate gear such as red space suits are antagonists.

But I don't really think so. Ghosts are a real, actual, factual part of the in-game world. You can interact with them. They have effects on the world with chairspinning and boards. You can see them with ecto eyes or certain drinks. The AI is one, sorta. Ghost drones obviously exist.

(Plus, I love talking to the ghosts farting on people when I'm the AI)

People have a lot of made up rules about a lot of things. And one of the big ones is what your clone or post-mindhack victim remembers. It's all personal preference.

But man, would it be lame to call out an antag like that.

Messages In This Thread
Observers and Inventory viewing - by NOOT - 08-28-2022, 02:43 PM
RE: Observers and Inventory viewing - by Oremir - 08-29-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: Observers and Inventory viewing - by Love - 08-30-2022, 10:37 PM
RE: Observers and Inventory viewing - by Kotlol - 08-31-2022, 12:26 PM