Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Remove the wraith from RP servers
I don't think wraiths should be removed RP.

We are actively missing antags on RP that warp the round around themselves. This means that i spend many rounds not interacting with the chaos an antag can cause. Which is a problem, since antags should be a driver of the round.

One reason for this is of course the rather small amount of antags in RP, but also the removal of the biggest impact ones, nukies, blobs and wizards.

While 2 of these 3 antags require immediate combat action and 1 got too few non-combat spells, the wraiths abilities allow it to play out gimmicks quite well.

The interaction betwen wraith and crew does not happen directly, but rather through the consequences the wraith causes. (Which is a reason i think flockmind would be a great RP antagonist as well). So in contrast to the other voices here, i think the disrupting abilities of the wraith support RP.

Of course the problem exist of overly destructive wraiths. Although admittedly i haven't witnessed that often enough. And often times people on RP aren't really accustomed to dying, which is honestly a problem and takes the teeth out of many antagonists, like waffle described for the wraith.

Tl;dr i think the wraith is one of the better "force of nature" - kind driver of a round for RP and instead if their removal, we need more of it.

Messages In This Thread
Remove the wraith from RP servers - by AGreywolfe - 08-25-2022, 12:27 PM
RE: Remove the wraith from RP servers - by Kotlol - 08-25-2022, 12:45 PM
RE: Remove the wraith from RP servers - by Lord_earthfire - 08-26-2022, 12:02 AM
RE: Remove the wraith from RP servers - by Kotlol - 08-26-2022, 03:17 AM