Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Zooblar! Skrippus Pathway to Janitorial Excellence
Part 2: Mess types

Here's a quick chart i made up of some of the most common mess types you'll run into, and which tools work on them, Green means it works well, red means it doesn't work, and orange means there's some issues, Mop w/ Cleaner just means a mop freshly dipped in a bucket with a mixture of space cleaner and water.

The orange section on the Oil Splatters is because cleaning them this way clean lead to your mop or sponge getting oil in it, which will cause it to make tiles slippery until you clear it out, the best way to do this with the mop is to go to a quiet area, put down the water from the mop, and then soak it up with the sponge, do this until the mop is dry, then re-wet it, make sure to dry the tile afterwards, with a sponge the best way to clear it out is to use it on a sink again.

The orange section on Spray Bottle (Direct) is because using the spray bottle directly on certain mess types might put them into the spray bottle, a spray bottle with a bunch of vomit and blood in it isn't going to be much use for cleaning.

[Image: Chart1.PNG]

(08-18-2022, 12:32 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Addendum the Floor Buffer. If you can handle the decrease to your overall movement speed you actually can clean large spills significantly faster. And never forget you can put any chemical inside your reserve tank and if you use a single space cleaner can it will take care of ANY mess you encounter especially handy in a mass gibbing incident.

Yeah i'm going to go over all the secondary gear you should carry in a later post, i was focusing on the main tools at first.

Fluid Puddles

You can use your mop or sponge to soak up fluid puddles, mop’s the most efficient way, but you can do it with a sponge if you need to, just be sure to have somewhere to wring it out, but some fluid types need special treatment (I honestly haven’t encountered a lot of the crazier fluid types, i’m gonna try set up some stuff on a private server to test some stuff out later).

Here’s a few of the basic fluid types you'll run into and how to deal with them.

Water, Blood, Vomit, Drinks, Milk, Space Drugs

Most normal fluids like these can just be soaked up with your mop or sponge no problem

Oil

Oil presents a problem in that it will make your mop into a slipping machine, the way i deal with a large amount of oil puddles is to either carefully sponge it up, returning to a sink occasionally to replace the oil in the sponge with water (Be sure to squeeze and mop it up afterwards to empty it again), or to go find one of those fluid containers and empty it in a shower or somewhere with a drain.

Chemicals that react with water (Potassium)

Potassium is real rough to deal with, treat it like oil that can explode, empty your sponge, soak it up, squeeze out the sponge on top of a drain (Making sure there’s no water nearby), you can do it with a dry mop too, or a fluid container.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Zooblar! Skrippus Pathway to Janitorial Excellence - by Stush - 08-18-2022, 06:32 PM