Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws.
I see the merits of a less complicated system, but I'll be honest.. I'm not a fan of all these "you can ignore x laws" things with silicon, as it makes the laws feel like they aren't even particularly binding, and often it feels like I have to Ahelp to get an AI to even try to follow the basic laws. I can ignore speech laws, with this I'd ignore precedence/override, and it just seems like it'll be a growing list of things as time goes on.

I think faster law modification is important, but honestly I think the AI needs a time gate and not be a priority job, so we have more players that are actually prepared to play AI instead of being thrown into it at random with no clue how the details work. Anyway i'm bringing this back from the very shallow grave.

And also what is up with robotics in its current iteration. They make the borgs but don't even look at the laws or have any influence over them? Wack.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws. - by MomoBerry - 07-03-2022, 06:22 PM