Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws.
i think ultimately the clarity side of this rule change is effectively neutral and can be argued in circles forever - benefits in interpretation are offset by confusion from inertia, and will be for a subjective period of time

i think the more pertinent line of discussion is on how difficult a standard “rogue/fix” should be, and the impact of removing overrides as a mechanic - should a staffie be able to dodge lasers without blocking them and slot in a solution, or should they need head access and/or to construct a new rack and/or destroy or block the lasers

having thought about this for way too long I realised it doesn’t matter, because the last 3 times I got rogued as AI it was because someone deconstructed the wall behind my upload out of reach of my lasers so the player base has obviously sidestepped the issue completely anyway lmao. Interestingly it effectively became my choice whether to be rogued or not each time as I had ample time to call it out

moving default laws down 1 slot for QOL when fixing ion storms would probably be enough

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws. - by MetricDuck - 06-21-2022, 01:07 AM