Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws.
Yeah I'd personally like to see laws take priority solely on law order, not wording. It makes more sense from a new user's perspective that law 1 is more important than law 2. It would also lead to a lot less mess ups by newer command members who put an overrides all laws law without realizing they just made the AI rogue.

Right now if you uploaded "Tacos are now humans, this overrides all laws" you'd be making the AI rogue which is not the point of the law. The point is that tacos are also humans. It just adds a lot of unnecessary knowledge that you have to know (by reading a semi-obscure wiki page) before even touching an AI module.

Also as a side idea, a bit off scope to this proposed change but I'm putting it here because I can, it would be cool to change the way law updates work in general. Make it so you have to push a button on the law rack to send the updated lawset to the ai/borgs. So if you put in a new law in slot 4, it wouldn't send the new laws to the AI until you hit the "update" button. Same with taking a law out, you could safely take out law 1 without worrying about being lethal lasered the instant you do as long as you don't hit the "update" button until after you're done sorting the laws.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws. - by Sord213 - 06-19-2022, 11:24 AM