Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws.
Not sure how I'd feel about this yet, but I would miss the overrides making me rogue.

(06-19-2022, 08:57 AM)amylizzle Wrote: Oh, minor correction: I was wrong about suicide laws. I'm not sure you can make the claim about most players not knowing about the basic AI law rules though. It's literally on the wiki for anyone to read, along with the other rules stuff I'm discussing here.

I think it's just that the type of AI that gets suicide laws is also the type that's not going to follow it even if you word it perfectly.

(06-19-2022, 08:50 AM)nefarious6th Wrote: not for this. I use freeform in a bind to override ion storm laws until can get a multitool, which is the sparsest of tool types because of mats.
any complex law changes like makecaptaining and then adding a freeform then require removal of law 1 to move things down a slot, which, as leah pointed out, opens a window to get blasted to death. considering turrets are balanced at a level of having a barrier or an egun to effectively discharge them fast enough, I dont think forcing people now to open up more windows to get shot is good gameplay balance.

You could order the AI not to shoot you, due to law 2, provided you are a head of staff. But having a Law 0 slot available by default that you can add a law to also works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws. - by Maegor - 06-19-2022, 09:45 AM