Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Nerf/Tone down security somewhat
Let me add my stuff to it and what we can change.

1st off: Sec has been communicating more since people are more expirenced and willing to play security in a fun way.
I remember end last year where HoS's.. I repeat HOS'S wanted to give up being HOS but felt like they had to stay or play the next shift as HoS again or else Antags might go rampant or sec will start making lots of mistakes.... Seems this problem is now solved as Sec always seem to be more together and chill.
(As cal mentioned in his post: On the other side of this coin, the amount of vitriol I've experienced in this game for being a regular HoS player is tiring me a bit, It's why I've currently laid off playing it. The amount of people and borgs calling me scummy or whatever for trying to call the shuttle "only" 35 minutes in when an antagonist is rampaging, Security is dead, and the station is in shambles and then continuing to do so on Discord is something that would surely wear down any player.)

2nd off: ...While I haven't seen it much happen, the detective... can STILL be an antagonist.
Too bad most Detective antags aren't clever, but I will say it once.. a DETECTIVE ANTAGONIST IS THE MOST DANGEROUS ANTAGONIST IN THE GAME!
As an expirenced detective and knowing what my kit, weapons and armor can do... especially with extra abillities and power.
I can give Security a nightmare!
All those communicative systems? Easedropped and sabotaged. I can put down spy stickers and track em to keep tabs on things so I am tracking everyone and listening in. My gun can be stun and lethal and unlike batons and tazers and energy guns, no EMP blocks it. So I can emp the shit out of things.
I got thermal goggles.. something sec has to get via ARMORY. So blowing out the lights makes me the hunter.
AND I got Det_NET Vr goggles. Who SILENTLY.. I REPEAT SILENTLY! Allows me to change security records without security getting 1 notification of me doing that.
Thus I can have their own beepskies turn against them. Ooh and I can also access security vendors for more supplies...
Whatever approach you take as an antag detective, you have all the starting tools you need to take the advantage over security. So you get that + whatever antag you are. Also your office has blinder wich can cut off anyone listening outside or viewing in. So remember that.

3rd: Security is still prone on making mistakes when there is an influx of new sec players. Slower responses and such.

4th: Health implant beeps also go off for the chaplain... wich is odd no?

Now what can antags do to kneecap security?
A: Kill the detective asap. As they do NOT have a cloning record/health implant from the start and take the longest to get their gear in order.
Killing them gives you stuff that SECURITY CANNOT TRACK like the detective's gun and the Det_net glasses wich can be used by ANYONE to ACCES RECORDS from ANY LOCATION. It would of course cause the det to get targeted lots more and be more paranoid.. wich fits the detective.. but it's my advice to CLASSIC PLAYERS.

B: Use the damn radio scramblers as traitors. Causes issues enough.

C: Cause smaller issues across the station while your main plan is hidden away. The more security has to respond to threats the more likely they will check areas where conflicts happen. If you are a scientist antag, cause issues in botany and bar. If you are an engineer, causse issues in science and such. Force sec to keep their eyes somewhere they ain't suppose to.

What should be nerfed:
Nothing really.. sec is fine as it is. People need to use their tools more wisely as security has gotten wiser. But maybe insted of nerfing something flat out, make it more interactable. For EXAMPLE...
EMP's effect PDA's now, forcing them to be disabled for 30 seconds and disabling implants for 30 seconds too? Thus alert won't work.
Radio Scrambles also block incoming and outgoing PDA messages and warnings, forcing a FULL ON BLIND SPOT in communications? Thus any type of tracking tool like the tracking devices for gear are also unable to locate the object cause the scrambler blocks that too. Thus giving it an "antag roaming spot"?
All of this might be nerf's but it also makes sense for interactability.

But I think you just need more interactions to make sec deal with antags rather then "NERF SEC"
No matter what you think.. only 3 sec members have lethals from the start. 1 being a possible antag as the det.
Where as the HoS and NTSO are whitelist only. The sec assistants don't have any ranged capabilities... so don't let em flash ya.
And sec officers being your only stun threat till they open the ARMORY.

That's all for my addition!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Cal - 04-04-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Cal - 04-04-2022, 07:31 PM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Ikea - 04-04-2022, 08:07 PM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Yellow - 04-04-2022, 08:08 PM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Katzen - 04-05-2022, 01:30 AM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Leeanei - 04-05-2022, 03:34 AM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by NOOT - 04-05-2022, 05:16 AM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Cal - 04-05-2022, 06:27 AM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Jakson - 04-05-2022, 07:07 AM
RE: Nerf/Tone down security somewhat - by Cal - 04-05-2022, 07:15 AM