Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nukie adjustments (Nuke timer; Plant location)
(03-26-2022, 05:28 PM)Rmeaper Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 02:08 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Smaller teams mean less chances to get picked for syndie and I'd say no to that.

I think it would, in general, increase the number of fun nukie rounds. How many end as soon as you arrive cause someone mprts you in the back or throws a sarin grenade and gasses everyone. Smaller teams reduce flukie chance.

Also not sure about this but doesn't nukies have more antags than if it had been a mixed round currently? Reducing it brings it in line with other gamemodes.

Edit: When its a nukie round everyone sees action anyway, so its not a huge loss to be on the crew side instead.
In a vacuum sure this holds up but you have players of varying robustness levels across the servers and as a result, smaller teams also increase the odds of no-one on the nukie side being worth a damn, and makes it more of a struggle for an average group to keep up with the station just from sheer attrition. I am reminded of that scene in Gladiator where Proximo is talking to the slave trader who sells him Maximus, "Some are good for fighting, some are good for dying. You need both I think."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nukie adjustments (Nuke timer; Plant location) - by DioChasek - 03-26-2022, 06:56 PM