Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Combine breath masks with vocal translators
(03-10-2022, 02:46 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: I specifically didn't add the ability to insert it into masks (like the traitor voice modifier) because it's like the clown mask; you either commit to the bit or you don't.

If you don't want to deal with the translator, then don't be a monkey. Being a monkey has a set of advantages and disadvantages, and the inability to communicate is amongst them.

Well, given I've been 'maining' a monkey for the last couple of months, in the Forever-Captain Coconut, I certainly am committed enough to the bit. Even considering I both love to natter on comms AND am the sort of Captain who is in there with the repair teams (Ahahaha! Imagine repair teams existing... I'm sad now.  sad greater domestic space-bee ) patching that breach in mime-mode every time there's a bomb. So clearly being a tiny ball of mostly-wig and enormous armored shoulders is worth it.

And I certainly do agree that monkies need counterbalances, as everyone in this thread does. I will also grant that obviously the counterbalances in place WORK, because of how few people play monkies (If more now with the ever-increasing number of Cloneconuts).

I just don't especially see why it has to be that PARTICULAR method of counterbalance, end-line. Others are available and possible. Including ones more tailored to the primary misuse case, of monkeys being troublemaking little bastages who trespass everywhere and are hard to catch. And then delight in Sec's frustration due to being unable to question them because of not having a vocal translator.  Argh!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Combine breath masks with vocal translators - by Love - 03-11-2022, 11:39 PM