Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NetID Pinpointer
Quote:Proposed availability is too much
Gotcha, the idea was that everywhere that had a packet sniffer there'd be a pinpointer too, and then I figured since it's a sleuthing tool there could be one in the det's office. If we want less availability I think one in tech storage and another in computer core makes sense?

Quote:Better implementation idea

Oh I see that /datum/signal already has a var/atom/movable/source, I imagine we could be using that? From then, it's a UI that lists sniffed packets, and you pick one, like you said yep.

Quote:For balance reasons, PDA packets, (except for the ones sent through the "Packet Sender" program,) should not be able to be tracked down

I think a new property on /datum/signal, var/untraceable, defaulting to 0 but set to 1 on select PDA packets could do the trick.

Quote:Assuming it works like a packet sniffing tool, how do we start tracking wired packets?

What if the pinpointer could be inserted inside an active Packet Sniffer, at which point you could start seeing wired packets too?

... At which point it would be nice if the feature reworked the Packet Sniffer UI into a more modern look, and that's starting to look like a lot for someone who doesn't even have a dev environement set up haha! So I'm starting to think I should look into something a bit more simple first, like being able to make pllasma glass out of plasmastone&molitz, or molitz into glass.

Messages In This Thread
NetID Pinpointer - by Garash - 02-16-2022, 09:48 AM
RE: NetID Pinpointer - by UrsulaMejor - 02-16-2022, 10:01 AM
RE: NetID Pinpointer - by pali6 - 02-16-2022, 10:06 AM
RE: NetID Pinpointer - by getbrecked - 02-16-2022, 11:39 AM
RE: NetID Pinpointer - by pali6 - 02-16-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: NetID Pinpointer - by Marksman - 02-17-2022, 03:52 AM
RE: NetID Pinpointer - by pali6 - 02-17-2022, 03:54 AM
RE: NetID Pinpointer - by Garash - 02-17-2022, 04:09 AM
RE: NetID Pinpointer - by AmazingDragons - 02-20-2022, 07:40 PM