Complaint Flourish / Goonstation 1 Classic / 2-16-2022
Admin: Flourish (Discord)
Server: Goonstation 1 Classic
Date + time: February 16 2022, not sure exact time, somewhere around 10:30 PM MST
Synopsis: This is a complaint about a permanent ban I just received. This post is not an appeal to said permanent ban, I understand those go in a different forum, but rather a complaint about the admin applying it in the first place. The exchange is short, I will post the logs below, and give my take on the matter.

Logs:
Admin PM from Flourish
What was up with deadchat last round? Why'd you keep antagonizing another player? If someone breaks the rules, you should ahelp them, not keep a list of grudges and randomly start arguing with them

Admin PM to-flourish (Discord): i have, i ahelped him many times yet he continues to be here for some reason, so yes i am going to antagonize him and not let him get away with his reputation of being a griefing idiot

You have been banned by flourish (Discord).
Reason: You've been here for a long time and have been spoken to extensively about your toxic attitude. You do not seem to have improved much. Keeping a list of grudges against someone and antagonizing and insulting them over things that have happened in previous rounds (and have been dealt with, if you ahelped them), and then declaring your intent to continue, despite an admin telling you not to, is not okay. Do not appeal this ban for at least a month.

Extra information: I was permanently banned (ckey: CirnoBAKA) for verbally attacking a player in deadchat that I have had many negative experiences with, due to constantly being a murder victim of his, and each time he was never a traitor. Flourish claims these things have been dealt with if I ahelped the player, but that's clearly not the case if I've been encountering foul play from the same ckey enough times for me to not only notice this is repeatedly happening, but remember their name for doing it. If it's been dealt with, why do I keep seeing them not only on the server, but continuing to grief despite being ahelped for it multiple times? Why have I been made out to be the bad guy for informing other players that, hey, this guy will just straight up kill you if you aren't a traitor?

In the ban message, Flourish claims he instructed me to not harass this person (or anyone else, for that matter) in deadchat, which is false. My response to Flourish explaining why that player was being called out for his behavior led to the permanent ban, with nothing in between. I was not told to stop what I was doing, nor does it state anywhere in the rules that pointing out someone who is constantly breaking the rules is wrong. In fact, rule #1 is do not grief, which is why I'm surprised I was dealt a ban of any kind, let alone a permanent one, for my behavior. Flourish merely asked me WHY I was antagonizing another player, which I responded to earnestly. I did not metagrudge in any way, I did not seek anyone out and physically attack them, or abuse them IC in any way, this was one single incident of berating in deadchat because I am angry that people I have witnessed multiple times break the rules get ahelped yet continue to show up and continue to break the rules. In fact, it was just a day or two ago that this person yet again killed me, was not a traitor at the end of the round, was immediately ahelped, and STILL shows up on the server, almost like nobody ever does anything and he gets a free ride to kill whoever he wants.

Lastly, Flourish says I have been "spoken to extensively about my toxic attitude" and I have no idea what that means. I wasn't aware that expecting my fellow players to follow the rules and pointing out when they've been terrible means I've been toxic. I do not think any sort of ban should have been applied to me, and if the staff truly believes that I've done something wrong, then at least say something so we can have a discussion. Jumping immediately to a permanent ban, to someone that has been playing here for over a decade, is ridiculous. I'm no spring chicken, I am well aware of the rules, and I've never been scolded for naming and shaming rulebreakers in deadchat prior to this incident. I'd like to request my ban be entirely removed without waiting 30 days to appeal it (again, I know this is not the ban appeals forum and I will gladly make an appeal there if told to) and for Flourish to re-evaluate situations before doing frankly ridiculous things like permanently banning a long-time player for wanting someone else to obey the same rules the rest of us do.

Messages In This Thread
Flourish / Goonstation 1 Classic / 2-16-2022 - by Cirno - 02-16-2022, 10:19 PM