Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who is the server made for now?
Well this appears to be going well so far. To be clear I'm not trying to DUNK on things or pull a "I am announcing my departure from the airport." These feelings have just been bugging me.

"From what I can remember, ass day was removed because the player numbers usually went down significantly, because people just didn't really enjoy ass day. As far as I know it didn't really have anything to do with issues of moderation?
We tried to replace it with ass jam for a while to just make things a bit wackier for a day instead of making it "you will be randomly murdered" day (because people did not enjoy that), but in the end that wasn't really very popular anyway, so the whole thing was just done away with altogether."

I fail to see why player count being low for 1/30th of the server uptime is in any way a problem. There's other days, and a once-monthly "go nuts" day was a fun way to be able to do things you wouldn't normally in a consequence free way. Come back tomorrow.

"As for the human resprite, personally I like the new sprites, but I can understand that this is subjective. I do think we had a thread up for several months were one could give feedback on it, even if one was not on the discord?"

It's possible but I never really felt like these forums wanted me so I never bothered coming back.

"All in all, what I think I am trying to say is, there *are* people who these changes are for, I like most of them. Some of the past changes, like the removal of pathology, went against systems I was quite fond off, but I do think that it made the game better for the average player. Of course, not everyone will like the changes, but I think most of the people like most of our changes."

I don't have any problem with the community consensus shifting to something new, but I really feel like this place is losing something. I didn't even know pathology was removed until right now and that's another incredibly unfun anti-player element that is adding to the pile here. It seems overall like anything that can actually be used needs to be nerfed into the ground until anything more intense than a light slap is relegated to syndicates.

"Overall, I think there are plenty of ways to bring input? Like, I don't wanna literally say "you aren't on the discord, so how are we supposed to get your input?", but it's not completely out there, is it?"

It's not, but I never felt welcome in those and I feel like trial-runs, a testing server, or any other way to say "We're going to be bringing this in, this is what it will look like," would have been a lot better than just coming in one day and here's your new icons, you had your chance to speak up so shut up it's too late.

"I'm reading your HoS app and I don't see any disgusting negative responses. Just people unhappy that you targeted players who specifically wanted to learn."

I brought this up because it's the entire reason I disengaged to begin with. Trying to get involved with the community, starting to mentor sec officers and be the best I could be, eliminating worse reactions. This was a period of months leading up to it, friends on the server had suggested I sign up so I could better mentor officers- and then the thread was a bunch of people bringing up ancient stuff with the conclusion of "You're not good enough, you never will be, you can beg for it again if you want but fuck you."

There's no reason to waste my time trying if that's the reaction I get when I do.

"Ass day was removed because player count dropped significantly on those days because experienced players just mudered newer ones."

I still fail to see how this is a problem because "You'll get toolboxed" is a core part of SS13. Why are we so set on eliminating the risk of bullshit deaths? Bullshit deaths with rapid rounds is the entire reason this server was fun to begin with. Easy in, easy out, anyone that gets upset at that can go somewhere else. Why are we bending over to the salty people? Experienced players dunking on newer ones is a problem and has been since day one, and it's not something that getting rid of ass day addresses. The fact that you can chem-bomb blobs (I think this was finally fixed) if you happen to understand chemistry was probably the worst power-gamer thing and that's completely distinct from Ass Day. What are you going to do there, power game people with a toolbox?

"Tasers being nerfed is pretty whatever. It's okay to be upset about this, but you're an officer - you have a team. You can't call for backup if you think your single taser won't be enough?"

Why bother being sec at all if my tools are completely useless and got more useless over time? What if I don't have a team, as is often the case? It's not worth the frustration if someone can just decide to ignore me and dealing with a single grey shirt takes just as much time and effort as an actual traitor due to inane nerfing. It's really not worth it.

"I have no comment on the sound synthesiser, except that it's extremely annoying when broborgs spam the gunshot noise to make me look around the area for no reason."

'course it is, but there must be a middle ground between that and "it's now absolutely worthless". That's my overall thing here, things get nerfed without any thought beyond "just nerf it." and then another feature goes right out the window. We have less now than we used to.

"All in all, the community is very kind. If you feel like main might not be your jam, rp is full of very kind people willing to pull you into gimmicks on a whim.
To be clear - I WANT you to feel welcome. I don't feel like anyone should feel like they don't belong. You'd be welcome back anytime."

Maybe things changed and people are more kind than they use to be, that's possible. The admins certainly are- but I have trouble getting over that first experience.

Honestly, Ass-day really boils it down. Why is the server bending over, even if it's a majority demand, to remove something that's only in place 1/30th of the time? Come back another day, explore another server, go use the _literally three other goon station servers that don't have ass day_. There's an endless amount of options, but instead of going with any of these it was removed, and that was it. People complain tasers are op. They're nerfed, move on. Pathology is gone. Move on. Just keep chipping away at anything that made this place stand out to begin with until it's just Baystation or whatever with better movement. Heck I even took a pass on some Ass Days but I appreciated that we had it and would just come back on not-ass-day.

Messages In This Thread
Who is the server made for now? - by SRQ - 09-19-2021, 02:07 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by Cal - 09-19-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by KikiMofo - 09-19-2021, 05:58 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by Cal - 09-19-2021, 08:26 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by Ikea - 09-19-2021, 06:39 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by SRQ - 09-19-2021, 09:17 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by Mordent - 09-19-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by Cal - 09-19-2021, 10:49 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by kyle2143 - 09-19-2021, 10:50 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by Roomba - 09-19-2021, 11:06 PM
RE: Who is the server made for now? - by SRQ - 09-20-2021, 12:43 AM