Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Breaking out of pins is ridiculously difficult, and needs a tweak.
Iirc pins are supposed to be a game over for a fight. Like an equivalent to choking someone on "kill", but doing so without actually killing them.

Though I can understand that they are a good bit easier to apply to someone than the Kill grab since the grab requires you to stand still for the action bar(plus remove their headgear if they have it), and the pin requires you to simply never move further than 1 tile from the target turf. (Sort of unrelated, but I think this is something that could be better communicated to players, I never even knew it worked this way until told. Maybe like some indicator on the pin target turf and mob).

I didn't actually know that pins were so difficult to escape since I never used them much, but they should be a "win condition" for a fight. Maybe just not a permanent one. I think if I had to give a suggestion then I would say that instead of simply changing numbers to make pins drain the Pinner's stamina until the Pinnee breaks free (because flat number balance changes like that are easily broken by chems and other stamina buffs) that some element of skill should be involved. Like maybe attempting to move while pinned should jerk your sprite in some direction, or make some little sprite animation that the Pinner has to respond to or else suffer a greater loss of stamina. Effectively letting the Pinned person escape if the Pinner isn't focused enough on keeping them pinned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking out of pins is ridiculously difficult, and needs a tweak. - by kyle2143 - 06-30-2021, 09:46 PM