Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Manta inner engineering revamp
Hm. I'm not really a big fan of this. I get that part of it is to add space to make a bigularity, but if you don't do that you have tons of wasted/dead space. All the space on the lower sides of engineering serves no purpose and is just dead space. Maybe move the super cramped suit storage into one of those wings. Single tile wide spaces are a massive pain in any area that may see more than one person in it at a time.

If you did want to make a larger singularity you would have to either deconstruct or build new radiation collectors and controllers because they're right below the current sing enclosure.

The door in the CE's quarters. If I saw that in a round without knowing the reason for it I'd immediately post a bug report or make a PR to fix it because it makes no sense and looks like an oversight. "Oh, oops! Someone forgot to get rid of a door!"

Another thing I would suggest is moving the exterior airlocks somewhere with public access. On the current version of manta those airlocks are public access. With this change the next set of airlocks that someone could access if they were stranded outside are all the way on the other side of the propellers. My suggestion on this would be extending the maintenance access a little to allow for public access airlocks.

Last thing that jumps out to me is the wiring around the main SMES/power storage room. Gas storage is fed directly by the singularity output. That will arc flash anytime there's major power coming from the sing. Cans of plasma + arc flashes = bad news crew

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Manta inner engineering revamp - by Ikea - 05-16-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: [PR] Manta inner engineering revamp - by Sord213 - 05-16-2021, 12:16 PM
RE: [PR] Manta inner engineering revamp - by Ikea - 05-16-2021, 12:46 PM
RE: [PR] Manta inner engineering revamp - by Ikea - 05-16-2021, 01:36 PM