Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Discussion Thread: direct commits of balance changes without player input
I can understand the feelings of something you enjoyed being removed without a word, but there's better ways to handle the removal than this. I haven't been with Goonstation for years, but I've been around long enough to guarantee you that they do a damn good job of being transparent right now, much better than a lot of games, even triple A titles. As with any open source project, you're free to look through everything they do as much as you please, but the simple rule is that they really don't owe you an explanation for every change, it's exhausting and honestly insulting to demand such a thing.

If you truly disagree with a change, make an informed and constructive thread discussing it, not demanding they PR every little change. Having to PR everything and write up changelog entries and debate it all would massively slow down work and burn out the developers even more than already. At the end of the day, developers and admins are not here for a paycheck, but because they're passionate and want to make Goonstation a better place, and the developers are trusted with the tools to make that happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion Thread: direct commits of balance changes without player input - by Varali - 05-08-2021, 12:06 PM