Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Discussion Thread: direct commits of balance changes without player input
(05-08-2021, 08:55 AM)Flaborized Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 08:16 AM)Mopcat Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 06:24 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: https://mikemcquaid.com/2018/03/19/open-...u-nothing/

wow. just wow.

this response shows nothing except disrespect for the community, dude. you're just flat out telling everyone that you don't care about the people who play your damn game. nobody's telling you that you owe them anything. we just want you guys to not make balance changes without even telling the damn people who play the gameĀ first.

your players owe you nothing either. they don't have to play the game, especially when you're being an ass to them over them being unsatisfied with the direction you're taking it.

Yeah, that's how it works. Devs make the game the way they want to make it, and they don't *have* to listen to feedback or make balance changes without telling players. You're absolutely right, if the users are unsatisfied with the product produced then they won't play it, that's the incentive to make a Good Game. I don't see a particularly large dip in playercount though, in fact I've seen the opposite over the last few years; this leads me to the conclusion that the devs are doing a Good Job at making this game, and that most complaints about the game being Ruined or the Direction of the Game being wrong are outliars.

If you see this Fact of Development as disrespectful or don't like the direction of the game, I dunno what to tell you. That's how its always been and how it will always continue, and our playerbase hasn't all left over it before. They don't owe it to us to stay if they don't like it, but I'm pretty sure they do actually like our game overall, statistically.

I'm just saying, I don't want to take a massive position on this specifically but every other time I've seen this happen on actual games, it ends with the playerbase unhappy and the devs continually messing with the game until its dead. I don't think the game is fully being ruined but the entire thing is that the playerbase of a game like this should at least be made aware of changes, I've literally had to discord dive to figure out if changes in the past were made or not. People have left but new people come in so the player count doesn't drop and that doesn't mean everything is fine. I've seen the same arguments from dying Early access games until the player base has enough and starts dying off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion Thread: direct commits of balance changes without player input - by Drewmajor11 - 05-08-2021, 09:00 AM