Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Loyalty Implant Nerf (add a cast time)
A strong 27/30 of my last 30 rev rounds over the past year ended in head victory after the head revs completely lost steam following all their revs being implanted. There was no epic struggle, no fight, just robust head players sprinting past revs mass-implanting them before they can react. I feel the relative strength of loyalty implants compared to rev tools obstructs what the revs game mode is meant to be.

Why Loyalty Implants are too strong: 

Instant cast

At least 4 in every sectech and loyalty kit, as well as a box of 6 that spawn on cogmap 2 and oshan and 3 boxes on cogmap 1, the most played map. 

1000 credits each (6000 per box of 6) from Cargo

Can only be broken via rev flash one at a time and with a long delay or by rev flashbang.

Can be, and often are, mass implanted in all crewmembers at the first sign of revs, slowing down later rev conversion speed.

Why the counters to Loyalty Implants are not strong enough:

1. It's simply never gonna happen outside of RP that a revhead individually scalpels all his revs to save them from being de-revved in a timely fashion without being intercepted by a hostile crewmember.

2. The loyalty implant damage ticks too fast for most revs without medbay access to make it to a surgery table, gain access, move to table, and scalpel themselves in time.

3. The 12 telecrystals afforded to rev heads can only afford 3 rev flashbangs after buying a rev flash, whereas loyalty implants are so cheap as to be virtually infinite.

4. The scenario where a revhead will encounter a rev he knows has been implanted, have time to stop and de-implant them, and de-implant them before they're de-revved, is very rare.

Proposed change: 
Add a 1 second cast timer to loyalty implants, to offer unarmed revs a chance at counterplay against being de-revved. This would still catch players with slow reaction times, or necessitate the heads detainment of the revs first before de-revving, via stuns, grabs and pins etc. 

I think this change achieves the purpose of rebalancing revs while also affecting the least other game modes like a change to self-surgery might, since loyalty implants are mostly used for revs.

Please let me know if I missed anything and feel free to give feedback

Messages In This Thread
Loyalty Implant Nerf (add a cast time) - by SlothJustice - 04-14-2021, 09:41 AM