Mentor Application(Chickenish/Vode/Silent Handyman/Fernando Mortland)
Usual character name: Silent Handyman (Mime), Fernando Mortland and derivatives (everything else).
BYOND username: Chickenish.
Discord username (if you are on our discord): vode.
Recommended by (if applicable): moberry, drago, oscar, syzymo210, Arthur Holiday.
Goon servers you play: Heisenbee.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I've played on Goonstation Standard since Dec 2018(according to my Fish medal), and have played a variety of roles throughout my time.
The systems I have experience both in doing and teaching other players are:
1. Botany, although I only spliced to a reasonable degree, and haven't infused a ton.
2. Medical, from months of playing medical doctor and especially mime; Mime is a difficult role to survive as, as if you are playing mime properly, you won't be able to use internals(your mask isn't internals), you won't be able to speak with doctors about how you're hurt(true mimes never speak), you can't call for help(ditto), and you only have as much access as a staffie.
3. Cargo, although I mostly played back when the produce loop was a thing, I've played occasionally since, and have used  a lot of the crates.
4. Genetics, although I didn't get into the combinations, I have a firm understanding of how all the systems work.
5. Mechcomp, I have made some fairly complex machines, and have experience taking them apart as well.
6. Piping, I've loafed, I've fixed, I've even gone on an ill-advised project to try to make a loop around the entire station on multiple maps(Oshan is terrible for this, south hallway is full of pipes, so you need to either go through rwalls or ocean).
7. Cooking, I've got a bit of experience in oven use, along with fry-sci, although I haven't had experience in new cakes.
8. Construction and Repair, if you're a Mime, your lack of internals is motivating to try to fix breaches before they spread, and without internals learning how to clean up N2O, Plasma, and CO2 becomes very important, I've made computers and consoles as QM and Mechanic, I've worked as a ghostdrone a bit, I've fixed APCs, and I have a lot of experience using sheets in general.
9. Matsci, bows, spears, gloves, sheets, and more, all of that is awesome and I've worked with it from both the botanist and miner perspectives.
10. Mining, I don't have too much niche knowledge about this that isn't matsci, but I've also got the basics down pat.
11. Drink Making, I'm still not very advanced in this, but I have the basics down along with medical, and most of the chems that don't require welding fuel.
12. Surgery, I've practiced removing all the organs out of a monkey to sell to D.O.C a lot, and I know how to put replacements in without dying as well.
14. Combat, critter and otherwise, you get attacked a lot as mime(a lot of the time from people framing you), and I've put a a few days into the critterdome, along with my explorations in the Mining Z.
15. Packets, although I only have a basic level of experience myself, mentors for this are apparently in demand, so I've mentored a few people on this.
16. Telescience, although just the very basics.
17. Cleaning, I know how to clean a variety of things from gibs, sarin, and miasma, to dirty bombs and loose items.

Things I do not have experience mentoring:
1. Toxins, I was never interested, don't have experience in it either.
2. Engineering, I didn't find the engine to be my cup of tea, managed to get basic burns a few times, and I've set up solars as AI. I do have experience in candleburns however.
3. Command, I don't really play Command, too much access.
4. Security, or if I have, it was only once or twice; I've played security a bit though.
5. Being a Chaplain, Ranching, Clowning, Robotics, Artsci, or Janitoring, I've got a little bit of experience in each, but haven't really mentored it.
X. if you comment something I haven't included, I'll add it to either the "has mentored" or "has not mentored" lists.

I've been mentoring unofficially for months, and I've been told to apply multiple times over these months, but I didn't feel like doing it. The reason I've finally done it now is moberry saying, and I quote, "vode that's so much specific shit I wouldnt know unless I was a vet", and I realized that if there's anyone else that knows the niche stuff I do, there's only a few, and only a few of those would be mentors. I've helped quite a few people both in the game and in discord, and feel like it's finally time to give having a direct channel a go.

Previous bans: I used to be siliconbanned.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application(Chickenish/Vode/Silent Handyman/Fernando Mortland) - by Chickenish - 03-09-2021, 03:51 PM