Mentor App: Walpvrgis (Ezra the Mime/Ezra L)
Walp is not just fantastic mentor material, but a fantastic person; very patient, very kind, always optimistic and creative and excited. Mime Ezra is one of my favorite faces to see on station (and Dr. Ezra!) and when Walp says they've got their niches in ghost droning and doctoring, they don't lie; I've worked with them as an efficient and fast-acting doctor, and I've seen them build bars as a ghost drone in a short amount of time and utilize the ins and outs of construction to do ridiculous amounts of repairs even when things seemed...irrepairable! From my in-round experiences, Ezra uplifts me when I'm playing stressful roles like Sec, especially in the moments when I feel like I'm failing or not doing my best. Walp is well-attuned to who might need help and what kind of help they might need when it comes to in-round things, whether it's legitimate guidance on a mechanic or a good moment of amusement by re-painting Security's windows red. They've taught me a ton about some of the finer mechanics of the game, like the paint machine!

They've also got a good presence on the Discord despite what they might have said! They're always optimistic, and have been an invaluable collaborator to have in imspriter! They've given me good guidance there about being able to contribute creatively to Goon and their mentoring nature exists not just in their ability to answer game-related questions about mechanics, but also in how they work with others in discussing artistic contributions and encourage people to get as involved as they want. They're also fairly active in the rp-server channel when they are on for their timezone :P They say they care about the community a lot, and it shows in everything they do.

Solid +1 from me! Always a joy to interact with, and I'd love for Walp to have more tools and ability to be able to use that optimism and encouragement in guiding new players or anyone at all who's seeking to learn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mentor App: Walpvrgis (Ezra the Mime/Ezra L) - by nefarious6th - 02-24-2021, 01:30 AM