Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
engineering dept change ideas
My Two Cents

Engineering with the recent Engine changes is in a weird state while people figure out how exactly it works and how to more effectively apply it to chamber burns. Along with that, I have noticed a lack of engineering retention on the RP servers, with most newer engineers going into cryo or disappearing/SSDing after some time. To takle the second problem, I think something along the lines of nef's idea of a planet to build a small outpost and explore on would be a nice thing, as it also works to teach them about construction for any hull breaches that occur. I also think giving engineering some fishing rods would be nice, as it's another way to pass time and have fun while waiting for engineering to be needed somewhere/until someone has a idea of something to build.

Engineer and Mechanics merging is something that I would be fine with, but I think for the sake of organization, Mechanics should still remain, as another system for newer engineers to learn is going to be a bit difficult to teach from the perspective of a CE. I also think the mining Z level in space does need a bit more danger and as a result a increase in rewards. Ideally this would be done via drones or space mines(?).

I also think there should be some sort of event that breaks the pipes. Something to give engineering more maintenance to do that the Borgs and AI cannot, similar to junction boxes on manta or finding hotspots on Oshan. Also, I feel engineering should be able to build more things such as wooden tables, comfy chairs, non steel beds, and so on.

Messages In This Thread
engineering dept change ideas - by nefarious6th - 02-16-2021, 12:37 AM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Splints - 02-16-2021, 04:30 AM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Leeanei - 02-16-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Eagletanker - 02-16-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Drago156 - 02-17-2021, 08:41 PM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Azrun - 02-20-2021, 10:00 PM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by Caro - 02-21-2021, 06:27 AM
RE: engineering dept change ideas - by babayetu83 - 04-28-2021, 06:16 PM