AnguishedEnglish - Mentor Application
(01-30-2021, 01:42 PM)Flourish Wrote: I've seen Whitney around the station, and I think they're definitely knowledgeable enough to be a mentor. However, I've also had some recent negative experiences with them. For instance, there was a round where they arrested and stripped the HoS because the HoS didn't give a wizard a fair trial. I think that mentors especially should be expected to not mess with security in such a way.

Basically, I'd like to see a longer period of uninterrupted good behavior and respecting other players. No from me for now.

Okay, I'll put my hands up, you got me on that one.  I did take part in a small uprising of the HoS that round due to something that I and a few others believed was wrong and I like to think I've learned from my mistake.  I gave into the peer pressure from a few other players and that kind of behavior should only be reserved for antags, which I was not.  HOWEVER, I did not arrest and strip the HoS of their things, that crime belongs to a Lyn Nakamura.  All I really took was their boots, which is a running joke I have with a few HoS's where I jokingly ask for their boots.  That's about the worst I did to them that round, where as others arrested them or poured acid on their heads.

In the end, I respect and understand your -1, but I don't feel like I should be judged in eligibility solely on a single bad instance, one that isn't mostly my fault for that matter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AnguishedEnglish - Mentor Application - by AnguishedEnglish - 01-31-2021, 10:34 AM