HoS Application (nut)
Usual character name: John Nut
BYOND username: thelegendnut
Discord username (if you are on our discord): nut#9652
Recommended by (if applicable): Jan.antilles, virva, 
Goon servers you play: Goonstation RP1, Goonstation RPO

Reason for application: 

I’m gonna make the reason short, because there’s not really any other way to put it. A bunch of people have been saying I should apply for HoS. Another note, when there is no current HoS, things usually devolve into chaos.

Security experience (300 word minimum):More often than not, when I play, I come to find out that sometimes, you don’t really need to beat someone to get them to comply. Sure, sometimes, it comes to that, but usually? Give them a donut, be kind. Usually, they will stop being a goober, and you can both go on pretending to know what’s happening. Instead of bumping chests to establish dominance, and superiority over the one you want to arrest, make them know you’re on their side, even if they’re an idiot. Act indifferent until the time calls, or until someone is in danger.

When it comes to hunting criminals, that’s usually where my gray area lies. I’m not very good at hunting people down, atleast that’s what I’d say. I, however, try my best to find them, or find someone who can find them better than I can. Usually, it comes down to them making a ballsy move and getting captured anyway.

Another point of experience, or whatever you want to call it, is knowing what the crew wants, and biding the time if you absolutely know it is going to hit the fan to prepare yourselves. For instance, if there is a split, say, ????????, one of the things you could do is just recognize them as independent and tell them ‘hey, so long as you don’t do anything rash like, murder people, you’re cool. And- still order stuff, please.’ Then, offer them a donut. Sure, it won’t work all the time. And when it unfortunately, unequivocally fails. That’s when you use what I call, say it with me now.

Violence! The last resort. This is the point where I’d flex my muscles a little, try to talk them down in a ‘we have you surrounded’ sort of way. BUT, before you do this, you need the other crew members to atleast kind of support you, otherwise you’ll have a lot of angry people. At this point, you’d bust in and arrest the baddies, and process them for their dastardly 2-minute brig sentences.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Please stop shooting criminals on first sight. Sure, they’re criminals. Sure, some deserve it. But just try to talk them into coming peacefully, negotiate? I’ve seen this happen and it makes me sad.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
Why did you change the wavegun? Why would you do that? It was my child, you fools, and you got rid of the EMP. 

No, seriously though. It was good for dealing with rogue submarines. The only drawback was it sucked (at least, for me.) in any other regard.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
I’m not one for gimmicks, usually. But I want to take the NARCs turret for a walk. NARC’s is a good boy. They deserve it.

virvaedit: he forgot to put his trophy wall in here and is making excuses for not doing so, so i'm doing it for him

[Image: 1d4796f5b6.png]

Messages In This Thread
HoS Application (nut) - by Nut - 01-23-2021, 10:09 PM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by jan.antilles - 01-23-2021, 10:16 PM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by Adhara In Space - 01-23-2021, 10:51 PM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by virvatuli - 01-24-2021, 01:09 AM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by nefarious6th - 01-24-2021, 06:41 AM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by Luxizzle - 01-24-2021, 07:08 AM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by TheRealFlapJackson - 01-24-2021, 10:30 AM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by Recusor - 01-24-2021, 11:44 AM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by Telareti - 01-24-2021, 03:10 PM
RE: HoS Application (nut) - by Leeanei - 01-24-2021, 04:01 PM