Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Changes the wording of Asimov Law 3 slightly
(01-09-2021, 05:45 PM)BatElite Wrote: Oh hey a new post
I think trench rescue type stuff might be the first real differing scenario? Because from my wording borgs just wouldn't (technically) be allowed to do rescue if it harms them.

Another thing I just thought of: Do you think voluntary debraining (by a roboticist) counts as external harm? That might be complication, because I feel like borgs should be allowed to choose to get debrained...

I think the idea of debraining is also another good example, since it's very difficult for borgs to upright go to a roboticist and go "remove my brain", whether for a "reuse my shell, I'm leaving, bye" kind of moment or a "upgrade me to a new shell" scenario.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I remember very clearly a round where we had someone who was a turkey that died and was monkeycloned as a human, then killed for no real reason and borged. They didn't want to be a borg but when I asked if there was anything I could do for them to monkeyclone them or SR them, they said that they technically needed to say "no". I didn't go further to try and debrain and monkeyclone them despite their laws because that would've felt really bad and rude for a player who already was pretty not cool with what was going on. But maybe removing the grey area of that would've let this player continue the rest of the round as a critter or whatever they wanted?

I poked around to find where this did originate from, and found this thought from a discussion on the "may always" phrasing in Discord in April of 2020:

"That would work, it'd keep the symmetry of the laws and remove the grey area by making law 3 pointless."

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Changes the wording of Asimov Law 3 slightly - by nefarious6th - 01-10-2021, 02:13 PM