Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
A 'respected' position that isn't Sec or Command staff
(12-18-2020, 10:00 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Eitherway I don't really think there needs to be more whitelists or more special stuff for HoS.

I agree. I guess this is what I was getting at.

(12-18-2020, 08:47 AM)SimianC Wrote: The whitelist isn't to gatekeep the Armory or other tools, but to create a role for teaching players how to play security through example. When players see a Head of Security, they know they can be trusted to act as a positive presence and that they understand security fundamentals and server rules (escalation in particular) because they underwent the application process and were approved by the community. 

Honestly, most HoS's don't come off this way. AT ALL. at least in my experience. HoS comes off far more as an alpha class character that antags are supposed to be wary of. Lawbringer comes to mind here.

(12-18-2020, 08:47 AM)SimianC Wrote: Personally, I don't think we should limit players' access to roles any more than what is necessary.

I agree. As someone who played through the TURDS era, when HoS was reintroduced it was minimal and didn't bother me as much. Now though with NTSO's and the like, I'm a little bothered by it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A 'respected' position that isn't Sec or Command staff - by MoonJesus - 12-18-2020, 11:07 AM