HoS/NTSO
To address the concerns raised in the two previous posts:

1. "Treating both themselves and others out of the portanano rather than involving the (large, and often bored) medical staff, carrying a fair whack of advanced meds, and not involving departments when they ought to be looped in." -Kamades

I do carry around a medical PDA, I don't use it to act as a separate medbay, usually it is just taking a styplic patch for minor wounds or using it to grab something to purge poisons in extreme cases. I do carry around an ampule of smelling salts and an auto injector of epi, which I use for emergencies, I do see how it may be viewed as powergaming but it's something that I have found very useful to have.

2. "I've also seen them get into a few scraps with other officers, due to, presumably, boredom, which is not something I am super impressed with from someone wanting to be a Head." -Kamades

Yes it's out of boredom but it's mostly playing around, I also do not do it often, usually it's when security is a full team and we're having lots of downtime, it's never anything lethal either, just teasing and jokes.

3. "I've also noticed you rush the insulated gloves in security, then wear them for the rest of the round even if you don't need them and other officers do to extract people."

I don't always grab the insulated gloves from security, as when I gear up I usually visit the main brig last, if they are not taken then I will usually grab the pair. I do note that the insulated gloves are useful and this is one piece of criticism which I will fix, the insuls are useful and should have a pair in security. However, note that the rounds where I take the insulated gloves from security are usually the shifts where I am the only officer.

4. "I watched a round where you did artsci on Manta with two scientists in the room as a Sec Off; threats were being called out over radio including reports of nukies and someone being attacked in the chapel, you were using the Nanomed to treat a scientist one hall down from medical for ingesting cyanide ice cream."

I knew the two scientists from other in character interactions, I was mostly just there to talk while everything was slow, I did hit artifacts with the baton for them however. The treating the scientist for the cyanide icecream part, I gave them a calomel injector then a charcoal one, and they were carted off the medical by Santa who gave them the cyanide icecream in the first place.

5. "You asked another officer "were you not listening to comms" when they asked about the location of the cloaked nukies for clarification, after you missed the initial reports of people in exosuits about 10 minutes earlier while doing the Nanomed stuff."

The "were you not listening on comms" part was in response to someone asking "wait, what cloakers?" The Where are the cloakers message was sandwiched inbetween so I can see the confusion there. And the reports of people in exosuits... Goon doesn't have exosuits?

6. "Internally, I saw a round where there was a full house in security on Oshan, and someone tried to figure out what general areas people wanted to be at; you did not respond to whether you would be patrolling and where you'd be doing it."

I usually state where I'll be hanging for the round at the start, and if that Oshan round was the one with the multiple bomb threats, I stated that I was going to be hanging around Bar/Botany at the start of the shift.

7.  "One of my more recent memories was watching a round where you detained a grinch in interrogation on Donut 3; the process of you chasing and holding this player in interrogation took more than 30 minutes. You teleported the portabrig into interrogation without a word of what was going on beforehand, while an officer already was working on interrogating someone else in the room. After 30 minutes, another officer had to tell you to finally let the person go."

This is one of the more recent rounds, yes and I remember this round in horrible detail. While what you say did happen, you're missing on WHY it happened, when I first suspected it was them, I asked them if they would mind answering some questions in security, and they said sure but after they had a drink from the bar, then we spents around 5 minutes there while they tried to order two more drinks. When I finally got them into interrogation, they were keen on avoiding all my questions, and when I brought out the evidence (a piece of poisoned pizza with their gloveprints) They decided to eat it after I told them not to, which then I had to take them to medbay for cloning due to uh.... large amounts of toxins. I then wandered off to go back on patrol, noting to finish up the investigation later. When I come back to security around 10 minutes later, I find the guy in the brig yelling for the officers to let them go, it seems someone set them to arrest while I was out and about, so I took them back to continue questioning them, then follows 10 minutes of them skirting around my questions again, at that point I was pretty done, so I gave them their sentence (which was a tracking implant and being set on parolled, since we were already in the brig for so long), they decided then to use the heart shrink thing on me which lead to them being detained by security AGAIN and sentenced to more time. One point you got wrong is that no one told me to stop, it seemed everyone was busy with other things too. When I got back, I just took them out of their cell and threw them outside, I didn't know they got a non antag to kill another sec officer, as that was SILENT.

8. "As detective, you arrested and brought someone in, then said on the security communications channel that you were "doing more work than [the security officers]"."

I mean't that as a joke, and I have not played detective since I made the application. I do remember someone saying they were training someone, but I didn't know I offended them with my joke.

9. "The HoS plays for the station team, not just security or themselves."

This is true, and I feel like I have been as lenient as possible on antagonists during my time as security, often letting them keep contraband with a promise to get a permit from the HoS, or remove brig time in favor for a promise and implants.

Over all, thank you two for the criticism, this highlights some parts of my playstyle I may need to work on, I do want to say a few of the problems here are just misunderstandings or conclusions drawn from partial information. Somethings I know I need to fix now are:

1. Leave the insuls in sec even if you're the only guy there.

2. Don't play 4 security rounds in a row (Which is my only excuse for the Manta round Nefarious mentioned)

3. Don't overuse the Nano-Med, we have doctors.

Oh right, one thing I forgot, the Donut 3 grinch thing, I didn't teleport them into the brig without a word, we were talking outside of sec before the stuff I mentioned happened, along with having the guy who tipped me off about them there.

The door to engineering on Manta wasn't hacked, I unscrewed it and found it in working condition, so I screwed it back and closed it, most likely explanation was that someone blocked the door open which stops it from closing until someone closes it manually?

When I play, I usually play for multiple rounds in a row, and this is nearly every day and most of it is as security, the problem is, since I haven't gotten enough feedback on my application, I feel it is because I have not made that much of an impression on people, so I strive to play more security to meet more people, playing while extremely burnt out does affect my playstyle, I get sloppier, less talking (as with everyone) and that may impact the experiences people have with me, so that's some fault on my end.

In general, thank you for the criticism, if this application doesn't make it, I think I have a good chance in two months or so as I now know what mistakes I have made.

Messages In This Thread
HoS/NTSO - by 0nemore - 12-05-2020, 11:14 AM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by 0nemore - 12-06-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Telareti - 12-08-2020, 01:35 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Wrench-1 - 12-09-2020, 05:15 AM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Mouse - 12-09-2020, 08:18 AM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Drewmajor11 - 12-09-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Gert - 12-09-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Kamades - 12-16-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by nefarious6th - 12-16-2020, 10:06 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by 0nemore - 12-17-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: HoS/NTSO - by Drewmajor11 - 12-17-2020, 08:32 PM