Mentor Application
Usual character names: Rhea Kestrel (MedSci), Raven Starling (Sec/Command), Seriema Osprey (Engineering), Perisoreus (Cyborg), AVE-2 (AI), Caique the Clown (duh) (Old character names are Wren Finch, Robin Crow, Ibis Harrier, Koel Cockatiel, B.I.R.D.)
BYOND username: Varali
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Varali
Recommended by (if applicable): Jan.antilles, Nexusuxen, Varshie
Goon servers you play: RP Overflow and RP 1

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

When I first joined Goonstation, it was terrifying. A weird engine, weird controls, a ton of different systems and mechanics everywhere, it's disorienting. I think I spent the first week or so purely playing Ghostdrone to get a grip on map layouts, basic controls and basic construction without having to worry about roleplaying or interacting with people. Eventually I worked up enough courage to try actually playing, and I got addicted despite the very scary learning curve. As a fresh newbie, my goal was to learn every job and mechanic and be somewhat competent at everything, both because I love learning and because everything on Goon was fresh and exciting! It was like entering a candy store, I wanted to try it all and see how many flavors there were and which were my favorite.

Mentorhelps are a brilliant tool that I took advantage of and thanks to them, I went on to learn almost everything there was to learn. At this point I don't think there's a single role I haven't played and I can't think of any mechanics or game knowledge I don't at least have a grasp of how to use. Thanks to that, I've managed to help out a lot of people during rounds and it made me really happy to give back to the community. And honestly, taking my time learning so much about Goonstation has been an absolute blast and I want to help people discover the wonderful things it has to offer.  I've always had a liking for teaching, but something about Goonstation has really made me love it. Some of my favorite rounds were spent teaching people for two hours straight in character only for them to message me on Discord saying they had a blast, and I'd love to get access to mentorhelps to be able to help even more people since the vast majority of time I am online, I'm probably in a round and not checking the Discord.

Now that I feel confident in my knowledge and experience, I'm prepared to finally apply for mentor status. One of the big reasons as for why I want to become a mentor is that I live in the EU and when I was a fresh player there were often times when I asked mentorhelp for something and never got a response as people were asleep or busy. I'd love to be there for any people in similar situations during these times so I can offer my help in any way I can. That said, me being in rounds most of the time and not checking Discord is probably my biggest flaw and one of the reasons some people might not know much about me. I still try my best, but most of the help I give out is in-round via IC or LOOC, or Discord DMs while I'm relaxing.

While I got addicted to the game, the community is the reason I'm staying. From the mentors to the admins and regulars, I've met a lot of great people, and if I can help someone fall in love with this community or game just like how I did, I'll be happy.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 
None!

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - by Varali - 12-11-2020, 01:03 PM
RE: Mentor Application - by nefarious6th - 12-11-2020, 01:29 PM
RE: Mentor Application - by Drago156 - 12-11-2020, 01:32 PM
RE: Mentor Application - by Kamades - 12-11-2020, 08:21 PM
RE: Mentor Application - by Retrino - 12-11-2020, 11:10 PM
RE: Mentor Application - by jan.antilles - 12-12-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: Mentor Application - by Scaltra - 12-13-2020, 11:59 AM
RE: Mentor Application - by virvatuli - 12-14-2020, 11:26 AM
RE: Mentor Application - by aft2001 - 12-14-2020, 12:05 PM
RE: Mentor Application - by Superlagg - 12-14-2020, 04:43 PM